Non-reflective learning is where the learner learns without thinking about the skill or Knowledge. This includes memorizing and motor skills.
Reflective learning is when the learner thinks about what they are learning. This can include looking at why something or breaking down the knowledge/skill into its component parts.
- When reflective learning works best.
- When Non-reflective learning works best.
- When a mix of reflective and non-reflective learning works best.
For a more advanced version of this question, use 3 different people learning the same knowledge/skill.
Person 1 - Reflective learning fits their needs best.
Person 2 - Non-reflective learning fits their needs best.
Person 3 - A mix of reflective and non-reflective learning fits their needs best.
Answer the following.
- What are they learning?
- Tell why the learner needs/want to learn this skill or information.
- Which type of learning works best for them and why?